My name is Lisa, and I'm a Mormon!

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hardwood Floor, Funeral, Baptism, Stake Dance

We woke up at 5 yesterday morning to start laying more of the floor in our bedroom. We then had to quit at 9:30 to go to a funeral for a lady in our ward. This lady was so amazing, she was always serving others, she was a quiet server. It is no wonder why she died in the act of serving others. She was helping someone move and a car came traveling at speeds reported 80-100 miles an hour and crossed the line and hit her killing her on impact.

I loved the song choices, There is sunshine in my soul, Have I done any good. I just love the second verse, "there are chances to work all around just now, opportunities lie in our way, do not let them pass by saying sometime I'll try but go and do something today"

She died as she lived and that was serving others. She was a dear and she will be missed greatly. It was a wonderful service, after the service was a baloon releasing and she loved Potlucks so it was a potluck luncheon.

After that The boys went shooting with our friends from Seattle and the girls and I went to the mall and perused around for a bit.

We then had a baptism of an 8 year old, he is my new scout and then we had a parking lot dance at the West Stake, but it was rainy and cold it was a cultural hall dance. It was so fun. There was a girl there that was so sad and lonely. I watched her all night, no one asked her to dance and no one talked to her. Then she left and I walked the halls and looked in the classrooms for over an hour looking for her. I was so sad for her that she came to a dance an NO ONE talked to her.

Here are some before and after pictures I promised to post.






1 comment: