My name is Lisa, and I'm a Mormon!

I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

300 pounds of Apples

We had a great time picking these apples this weekend. And then we made some yummy applesauce, pie filling and some cider. We also had a great time listening to Conference, getting in 4 cord of wood and helping at Grandma's house while she was on a trip to Idaho. Funny enough she was on her way back through Kooskia spending some time with my mom and dad there.


This is Jonathan's favorite part squishing the apples to make the sauce. He does a great job and we all have a job to do to help out. He is so cute in his camo outfit and his camo glasses, he gets stopped everywhere we go with people asking if they are really prescription glasses to which we reply they are. (if interested in a great and cheap place to get glasses email me and I will let you know the secret my dad and Russel told us-they cost us 8 dollars--no kidding, we love it so much we have to tell everyone about it)



The jars tonight are still processing as I write and we have more than doubled what the picture shows. It is great, Courtney will have some to bring to college and we will have some to eat and to use in recipes to make them without the added fat.
AHHH...the tastes and smells of fall. Thanks kids for all the help in picking the apples the spontaneous apple fights and Miranda telling us that every apple she picked was So "Perfect" what joys.

3 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!!!!! that's awesome!! looks delicious and it's great food storage, or even presents for your neighbors and family. you guys will be able to enjoy those apples for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly presents, great food storage and great eating. We are going to go get more, I want to use every canning jar I have this year I am on a mission. Have a good day and thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. were you squishing the apples for the cider?

    We just made homemade applesauce the other day as well! We have a granny smith apple tree -- it makes killer good applesauce!! :D

    We usually put cinnamon sticks, and orange slices in our cider, it makes taste delicious. :D How do you make yours?

    ReplyDelete